Amazon’s Firestick is a powerful little media player that can do much more than people think. In addition to letting you access all movies and TV shows from Amazon Prime, you can also use it to access other streaming services as well as play some games, run apps and more. It’s a small computer after all.
And like any computer, it too could benefit from a more secure connection provided by a good VPN. And now for the question du jour – is there a good free VPN for Firestick?
Read on to find out…
Hotspot Shield’s free plan is great to try
It’s not as powerful as Hotspot Shield’s full-blown premium offering, but you get to feel the true power of a good VPN.
The free offering includes the following:
- 1 device support – no multiple simultaneous connections
- Limited streaming access – I guess you can use it to steam a show in HD from Amazon Prime, but don’t expect anything in 4K.
- Up to 2 Mbps – enough for web browsing, social media stuff and watching content in SD or perhaps even HD.
- 500 MB daily data limit – enough to get you started
- US-only – a single location only.
Hotspot Shield’s premium offering builds on top of this to include support for 5 devices with no limits of any kind.
Steam as much as you like, download stuff using BitTorrent and roam the Internet “free as a bird” with no one being able to see what you’re doing online. And that, we believe, is what the VPN should be all about – to get you anonymity on the Internet.
How to set up Hotspot Shield for FireStick
It is a rather simple process:
- Step 1 – Search in the Amazon store on your Fire TV Stick for “Hotspot Shield”
- Step 2 – Download Hotspot Shield VPN
- Step 3 – Open up the Hotspot Shield for TV app and sign in
- Step 4 – Select and connect to the VPN server
And you’re good to go.
Look beyond Firestick
You may like or even love your Firestick, but you should look beyond it – cause you’ll want a VPN that runs across platforms and devices. This includes your smartphone, computer and even your tablet. And that’s what the best VPNs are all about – you can rely on them in various situations and on different devices.
So, whether you need to watch some show on Amazon Prime or to bypass various restrictions imposed in your school or workplace, or just to keep a low profile on the Internet — a good VPN will cover all your needs. Plus, it will keep you protected on public Wi-Fi hotspots when it will encrypt all data so that no one can snoop into your traffic.
This is becoming increasingly important with so-called “man in the middle” attacks, which have been growing in popularity in recent years.
To sum it up – if you want a free VPN, try out the free Hotspot Shield plan and take it from there. Click the link below and never look back.
Alternatively, you can grab the Premium plan right away. Like any good VPN, Hotspot Shield offers a 30-day money-back guarantee – allowing you to ask for a refund if you don’t like how it works. Check it out.