Accessing Netflix is one of the most common questions we get. Because of the content rights, Netflix is not the same all around the world, and in some countries — it is not even available. And so smart folks are using a VPN to get their Netflix fix all while bypassing local content restrictions.
The good news is that these days Netflix works on many VPNs; the bad news is that not all VPNs get you the best possible experience. What you want is buffer-free streaming and for that – you need a really good service.
So we had to check all VPNs to get to those that are best suited for Netflix. Also, we took into account other factors, cause chances are — you will also be using VPN for other things. And so our list of best 5 VPNs for Netflix was born.
Without further ado here’s the mentioned list with best 5 VPNs for Netflix:
- It's super fast!
- Works with Netflix, BBC and others
- Easy to use apps, browser extensions
- You can try it for free!
- Some advanced features are not configurable
- Doesn't work in high-censorship countries
In addition, you can also rely on Hotspot Shield for torrenting, where too you can expect fast download and upload speeds; and the same goes for mobile users — its apps are super easy to use and work out of box.
As that's typically the case with most VPN services out there, the longer you commit - the better deal you get. However, what makes Hotspot Shield even better is the fact that it offers a 7-day free trial of its service. A few other top VPN providers do the same. Plus, its money-back guarantee lasts for 45 days, making for a risk-free purchase. Cause, you can always get your money back. Sweet and just the way we like it.
- Feature-rich yet easy to use
- Arguably the best VPN around
- Strong no-logging policy
- Reliable support you can reach 24/7
- Limited number of servers in Africa and the Middle East
Add other ExpressVPN features to the mix and you get a service that is hard to beat, and is therefore one of our favorites. You won't regret buying it.
- 5,000+ servers in the network
- Easy to use - install it and forget it
- One license is good for up to 6 devices
- Strict zero-logs policy
- Chrome extension is just a proxy
- You can't pay with PayPal
However, because of Netflix's cat and mouse game with VPN networks and proxies, you may have to choose a different server in order to continue streaming your favorite show. Or to get faster speeds.
This has nothing to do with NordVPN per se; rather it's Netflix that is making it harder for VPN services to "do their thing." Netflix has content deals with major studios which require country-specific access and that's where the problem arises, and why you may have to manually change the server. Nonetheless, the process is easy and — as you know — worth the effort.
- Fast download speeds
- Optimized servers for Netflix
- One license is good for 7 devices
- Strict zero-logs policy
- Some restrictions for torrenting
- Doesn't work well in China
And that's just one piece of the puzzle, with CyberGhost offering many other bells and whistles like extensive privacy features, the ability to work across platforms, a built-in ad blocker and much more. Plus, its generous 45-day money-back guarantee and the ability to run it on up to 7 devices make for a that much sweeter deal. Check it out.
- Fast download and upload speeds
- Works with Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, etc.
- Great for torrenting
- Advanced privacy features (i.e. Tor over VPN)
- Relatively small number of servers
- There are no browser extensions
- Live chat support is not always available
Also as part of the deal, you will get a service that will keep your privacy and security protected "wherever the web takes you." This includes torrenting, among other things, where you could expect some of the fastest download and upload speeds on any VPN network.
The included zero-logs policy means that even the basic anonymized usage metadata isn't collected. We gotta respect that.