IPVanish is the latest major VPN provider to add support for the WireGuard protocol, which is dubbed a “next-generation connection type that has taken the industry by storm with its superior design.”
If you still haven’t heard of it, WireGuard is designed to be faster and more secure than other protocols. Specifically, here’s why it’s better:
- WireGuard delivers faster speeds than OpenVPN
- Improves performance
- More secure and cryptographically stronger than all other protocols
- Compared to IPsec, for instance, it requires less memory and CPU resources
- Works across all major platforms – including Windows, macOS, iOS, Android and Fire TV
- Improves battery life on mobile devices due to its stateless nature
Ultimately, WireGuard was designed with all kinds of VPN users in mind — whether they need protection during network changes, or always-on security without lag — this protocol is the most reliable. And with its advanced speeds, WireGuard lets users browse, stream, game, download, and more – nearly 3x faster than OpenVPN.
Here are the speed test results showing how WireGuard outperforms other VPN protocols:
Existing IPVanish customers can enable WireGuard as their protocol from the app Settings Preferences. New users, on the other hand, will get WireGuard as their default connection type in the IPVanish app across all platforms.
And if you still haven’t found a VPN service for yourself, considering getting IPVanish now that it’s even better. Hit the link below and take it from there.