Getting a VPN on your shiny iPhone is pretty easy. As far as you as an iPhone user are concerned, it is just another app you can download from the AppStore.
However, you shouldn’t just click on the first option you see, cause it may not be the best service for you. And this is especially true if you want to try some VPN service for free…
The problem with free VPNs…
As we all know, there is no such thing as a free launch. On the Internet, if you don’t pay for the product – YOU are the product. And judging by the massive profits of companies like Google and Facebook, it is everything BUT free. Some of the things you should know:
- VPN-provided security and privacy are not free – there are real costs associated with server maintenance, bandwidth, staff, and more.
- Malware – we have seen multiple instances of free VPNs coming with a virus
- Ads – or you may be harassed with more ads than ever. This is one of the ways “free” VPNs make their money.
- Spotty streaming – more often than not, free VPNs tend to have a spotty network that makes it impossible to enjoy movies and TV shows in their full glory. If at all.
- Your time is NOT free – I guess you can try multiple free VPNs to find the one that works for you, but is it worth the effort?
A must-read: There Is No Such Thing as a Good Free VPN
Instead, if you want a free VPN for your iPhone…
Try Hotspot Shield’s Free plan
Unlike its paid plan, this one is rather limited but still capable enough to show you what this great VPN has to offer. And that would include:
- One device support (no multiple simultaneous connections)
- Limited streaming access (it works, but for the best experience, you’re better off getting a paid VPN)
- Up to 2 Mbps (enough for web browsing and social media)
- 500 MB daily data limit
- US-only (1 location)
Naturally, if you want a better experience and to use Hotspot Shield on multiple devices (up to 5) – you should get their premium plan that removes all of the limits mentioned above. You can use it to access any streaming service you’d like and roam the Internet without anyone knowing your whereabouts – from both your iPhone and all other devices you may have. And that, we believe, is what the point of a VPN service is in the first place – to get you more anonymity online.
Get VPN protection for all your devices
The iPhone may be your single most used device, but you probably also have a computer and even a tablet. Therefore, you should get a VPN that works for all of them to have all your connections protected.
Whether you need a VPN to bypass some restrictions or just to keep a low profile on the Internet – a good VPN will cover it all.
For one thing, it will make connecting to public Wi-Fi hotspots more secure, encrypting all data coming to and from your devices. As a result, you are protected against the so-called “man in the middle” attacks, the number of which has been increasing in recent years. Luckily, the same is true for the use of VPNs — it too has been growing.
Since you want (to start with) a free solution, check out the free Hotspot Shield plan and upgrade if it works for you. Hit the link below and take it from there.
Or, you can start with a full-blown (paid) VPN right from the bet. It’s your call…