The Yellowstone TV series is an epic drama about the Dutton family, who controls the largest contiguous ranch in the U.S. As such, this ranch is under constant encroachment by those it borders. And so the idea for the show was born, depicting the world far from media scrutiny — where land grabs make billions, and politicians are bought and sold like it’s nobody’s business.
Add many famous actors to the mix and you get a winning TV show, which — unsurprisingly — users from all around the world want to watch but can’t. Actually they can with a VPN and a few other tricks.
But before we reveal you can join the “Yellowstone party,” let’s first describe the show for those who haven’t heard of it…
What’s Yellowstone all about?
Yellowstone is an American drama television series that premiered on June 20, 2018 on the Paramount Network. It follows the conflicts along the shared borders of a large cattle ranch, an Indian reservation, and land developers. Among the series’ stars are Kevin Costner, Wes Bentley, Kelly Reilly, Luke Grimes, Cole Hauser, and Gil Birmingham.
Yellowstone follows the Dutton family, led by John Dutton, who controls the largest contiguous ranch in the United States. The ranch is under constant attack by those it borders — including land developers, an Indian reservation, and United States of America’s first national park. It depicts a violent world far from media scrutiny, where land grabs earn developers billions, and politicians are bought and sold by the world’s largest oil, natural gas, and lumber corporations; “where unsolved murders are not news, they are a consequence of living in the new frontier.”
Yellowstone’s main characters include:
- Kevin Costner as John Dutton, a 6th generation patriarch of the Dutton family, who controls the Yellowstone Dutton Ranch. He is confronted with the challenge of defending his land while also overcoming the recent death of his son and a recent diagnosis of colon cancer. Josh Lucas portrays a young John Dutton in a recurring role.
- Luke Grimes as Kayce Dutton, a former US Navy SEAL and one of John and Evelyn’s sons. Rhys Alterman portrays a young Kayce in a recurring role.
- Kelly Reilly as Beth Dutton, a financier and the daughter of John and Evelyn. She is educated, highly intelligent, and a master manipulator. She is also, however, very unstable and suffers from a substance abuse problem. Kylie Rogers portrays a young Beth in a recurring role.
- Wes Bentley as Jamie Dutton, an attorney, aspiring politician, and one of John and Evelyn’s sons. Although completely loyal to his father and family, he is constantly frustrated at the current state of his family. Dalton Baker portrays a young Jamie in a recurring role.
- Cole Hauser as Rip Wheeler, the ranch foreman at the Yellowstone / Dutton Ranch, and John’s right-hand man and enforcer. Rip has worked on the ranch for many years since being taken in by a young John Dutton and is therefore fiercely loyal to John.
- Kelsey Asbille as Monica Long Dutton, Kayce’s Native American wife with whom he lives on the local reservation, where in the first season, she is a teacher at the reservation school. In the second season, she has become a professor at the University of Montana.
- Brecken Merrill as Tate Dutton, the son of Kayce and Monica, and John’s only grandchild.
- Jefferson White as Jimmy Hurdstrom, a ranch hand at Yellowstone.
- Danny Huston as Dan Jenkins, a billionaire land developer from California with aspirations of building on parts of Yellowstone.
- Gil Birmingham as Chief Thomas Rainwater, the chief of the nearby Native American reservation. He seeks to take the land from the Dutton family, in order to expand the reservation.
In June 2019, Paramount Network renewed the series for a third season, which premiered on June 21, 2020. In February 2020, Paramount Network renewed the series for a fourth season, ahead of the premiere of its third season.
How to watch Yellowstone online from all around the world
Yellowstone seasons 1 and 2 can be watched from Vudu and Google Play. The series is available on Paramount Network, CMT and TV Land — and in order to watch the latest episodes online, we suggest you use Sling TV.
Sling TV Blue package costs $30 per month and includes content from 49 channels, Paramount Network being one of them.
In addition, if you’re not accessing Sling TV from the US, you will need a good VPN to bypass filters imposed by the content rights owners that prevent people from all around the world from accessing the show — and Sling TV’s service.
In order to do that, you will first have to connect with a VPN to a US-based server and only then sign-up for the service. If you don’t have an American credit/debit card, you will have to pay with a Sling TV gift card. The best place to get one is from MyGiftCardSUPPLY.com. Once you have it, you can pay for Sling TV’s service using that gift card. Then, you can watch Yellowstone as much as you want. As well as any other content that is available through Sling TV.
Speaking of MyGiftCardSUPPLY, you can also get gift cards for Google Play Store there — as well as gift cards for other video streaming services…
A VPN can do other things, as well
In addition to letting you access Yellowstone and other geo-restricted content, a good VPN lets you do many other things, as well. The most important, however, is that you get to regain your privacy, making it next to impossible for governments and corporations to follow you online. This in turns means you get to anonymously browse the web, download files via BitTorrent and do just about anything you ever wanted without worrying that someone’s always watching behind your back.
Furthermore, you get to stay connected to popular news sites and social media services while traveling to high-censorship countries — where that may not be possible without a VPN. Plus, connecting to public Wi-Fi hotspots is no longer a risky endeavor, with VPN encrypting all communication between your device and the server (website).
All in all, with a VPN — you get more freedom. And that, we think, is rather important. So yes, you need a VPN and you need it now. Start by going through our list of Best VPNs for Streaming and thank us later.